Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the most frequently asked questions related to franchising with Children’s Magnet Montessori School. Please note the offering of a franchise is only made through our confidential Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD). A list of all fees and expenses are contained in the FDD.
1) Do I need any special training or background to become a franchisee of Children’s Magnet Montessori School?
Not necessarily. A passion for early childhood education and a strong desire and ability to follow a proven system will help.
2) What are the initial franchise fees and on-going royalty fees?
The FDD describes all fees in detail.
3) What is the total investment?
The estimated total initial investment necessary to begin operation of a Children’s Magnet Montessori Business franchise ranges from $695,177 to $3,498,650.
4) Does Children’s Magnet Montessori School offer financing?
Not directly. However, we do have relationships with third parties who can assist you.
5) Will I receive assistance with selection of a site for a school?
Yes. We provide franchisees with the criteria to be used in selecting a site location and provide some on-site evaluation. In certain cases, we may be able to actively evaluate site potential.
6) Will I receive guidance on purchasing furniture, equipment and supplies?
Yes. You will be provided with specifications as well as special vendors regarding all equipment, classroom furnishings, Montessori materials, and supplies.
7) What type of training can I expect as a Franchisee?
Franchisees, their school director, and/or highly qualified staff are provided two weeks of initial training at our corporate offices in Maryland. You will receive regular, ongoing training as well.
8) What assistance will I receive in opening my school?
Our team will be on-site to assist with the initial opening and marketing of the school.
9) How do I get parents to enroll their children in my school?
There are several ways to encourage parents to enroll their children in your school, from the exterior and interior look of your school to promoting the brand and raising awareness through digital marketing, open houses, childcare fairs, direct mail, magazines, radio, and social media. We will actively assist you in marketing and raising awareness of your franchise.
10) Will I receive on-going support and guidance once my school is open?
Yes, you will receive operating and training manuals that cover many aspects of your school’s day-to-day operations, as well as curriculum updates and professional development for staff. A member of our team will also contact you by phone monthly and visit quarterly to offer consultation and advice. Our relationship with you is long-term. We understand the value of great communication and support to your success. You can contact our team at any time for questions or guidance.
11) How soon can I expect for my school to be open once I have been accepted as a Franchisee?
There are many variables that can affect the timeline for when a Children’s Magnet franchise will open, including site location, financing, construction, and build out. However, it’s not unreasonable to have a school open in 12-15 months and we’ve seen them open, from the ground up, in as little as six months.
12) What is the next step in finding out more information about becoming a franchisee of Children’s Magnet Montessori School?
To start the next steps, contact us here or can give us a call at 866-220-CMMS (866-220-2667).